Average cruise

Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Sail Date: March 01, 2010
Ship: Norwegian Gem
This was our second cruise on an NCL ship. We took the NCL Pearl to Alaska and that was a fantastic trip. The Gem was the same ship but the entertainment was not nearly as good as the Pearl. I personally did not care for the Bahama cruise as much as Alaska. Transportation to their private island was not organized too well. The island was very average. The Atlantis tour was great! That was my favorite part. Personally did not care for leaving from NY. Weather was wretched when we left and the Statue of Liberty was just a shadow.
Food was very good and our balcony room was fine. Very clean and nice staff. Downside was all of the partying teenagers because of spring break. Would not care to do that again.
Disembarking from the ship was not well organized. We chose to take our own luggage, but whether you did or not the lines were VERY long.
I would not discourage anyone from taking the cruise. It just didn't measure up to the Alaska one for me. That could just be my preferences and not someone elses.

Food was very good. The buffet was my favorite. The special chocolate buffet was a nightmare. Eternal lines!!!!!

The 3 musical shows were just the same and very little variety within. Costumes were exceptional and staging was good. Pacing rather boring - too much the same. Jane Powell was the exception. Wonderful entertainer. Enjoyed (I think) was called 2nd City.

My grandson had a great time with the teens.

Friendly staff. Always willing to help.

Very nice. Love the outside restaurant on back of ship. Clean and nicely decorated.

Room was very nice and lot's of storage room. Comfortable bed and very clean room.

Pros: Visiting Atlantis

Cons: Entertainment below expectations

Recommends Norwegian Gem? Yes!