Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Love Freestyle Cruising!

Sail Date: March 21, 2009

The Gem is a beautiful ship. Large and roomy. The staterooms are beautifully appointed. I highly recommend her. The freestyle cruising is wonderful. Who wants to organize their day around dinner time and dress up on their vacation? I loved the food, the staff, the service, the choices. The entertainment was top notch. Broadway quality every night. NCL has gained a loyal customer.

Pros: The dining choices, food, and staff; the wonderful balcony room and comfortable bed; the nightly entertainment with the Gem singers and dancers; the beautiful ship

Cons: Smoking in the casino and on the balconies.

Recommends Norwegian Gem? Yes!

I can't say enough about the food. Abundant and incredibly well prepared whether it's in a buffet or dining room. I loved everything.
The Gem is wonderful, clean and beautiful. Lots of areas to hang out. Quite areas. Dance halls. Lounge chairs. Something for everyone.
Just beautiful. Nicely appointed, great shower, wonderful roomy balcony.
Most of the staff was fantastic. They definitely go out of their way to make you feel welcome. The good morning guys were a hoot. I loved it all. The only reason it doesn't get a best rating is because our room steward was just okay. He did what we asked, but nothing more to make us feel special.
The stardust theater is great and the Gem singers and dancers were amazing every night. Second City was really funny and the Magician is great. Don't miss it.
Wasn't crazy about the Atlantis Hotel which we visited. It's overcrowded and overpriced. Do something else. But the port and the island is beautiful.
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
I loved this island. It was the best day we spent! Just make sure you get on the first or second tender so you get a good beach chair and umbrella. Great BB-cue on the beach.
Don't Miss: everything
Port Canaveral, Florida
Port Canaveral is an okay beach. Nothing special.
Don't Miss: The sandbar for lunch.
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
Went to the straw market. Liked it.