Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Never Again With Norweigen

Sail Date: March 01, 2008

The ship layout was confusing and hard to navigate. The staff was unaccomidating and very rude. Don't expect a friendly smile from anyone! If you didn't order an alcoholic drink or leave extra gratuity, expect to be treated very poorly! Also, the public bathrooms were always dirty. I would walk all the way to my room, just to use the bathroom.

Pros: Nothing stands out

Cons: Rude staff, bad food, and poor ship layout

Recommends Norwegian Gem? No.

The decor was nice and colorful, but the ship layout is not handicap friendly. If anyone has trouble walking, I reccomend a different ship.
The food in the buffet area was never fresh, and unless you pay extra, don't expect good service in any of the dining rooms that are included in the price of the cruise. Also, freestyle dining means no matter what time you go to dinner, expect to wait at least forty five minutes for a table.
I never even learned my cruise directors name. I have never been on a cruise where the cruise director hasn't been the highlight of the trip! She was no where to be found!
Our balcony room was a good size and offered a beautiful view.
I have never heard the word no so much in my life! Unless extra gratuity was involved, expect a rude and unaccomidating staff. Most of them never smiled, and if you were traveling toward each other down the same path, expect to step aside and let them pass, not the other way around!
Atlantis is a must see, but is cheaper if booked seperatly from an excersion. Our excursion was $150, only to find out if costs $3 for a taxi ride and $100 to get into the water park.
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
The beach was very nice, but very crowded, and the food selection was very limited so make sure you eat first! Snorkeling was oa=kay, but there were no reefs.
Port Canaveral, Florida
The alligator tour was so much fun!
Don't Miss: Thwe everglades tour
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
Our fishing trip was fun and the mates on the boat were great entertainment.