Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

A VERY CROWDED BUSY CRUISE

Sail Date: December 22, 2007

Room Type: Suite

I don't have any other cruising experience to compare this to, however many on the ship said this definitely was not the norm for cruise. I found it extremely difficult to get dinner reservations and when dining in the garden cafe ( which was the only place we could have our dinner unless we wanted to wait until after 9:00 pm to eat) maneuvering the lines and looking for a table was again extremely difficult and uncomfortable.

Pros: MY SUITE

Cons: TRYING TO GET DINNER RESERVATIONS FOR REASONABLE HOUR

Recommends Norwegian Gem? No.

I am amazed and very appreciative of how hard the staff on a cruise ship work.
The ship was beautiful and very clean.
We did the dolphin encounter which I booked by myself through the same company the ship uses and saved about 50 dollars per person.
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
lucayan straw markets were all selling same items which were mostly junk. The beach was very nice but again had not much time to spend.
Port Canaveral, Florida
Too little time to do anything. The beach was littered with dead fish due to red tide, information we were not made aware of.