Escape is worth the money

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Cruises: 1 cruise (first)

Overall rating:

Norwegian Escape

7 Night Bahamas & Florida (New York Roundtrip)

Sail date: March 31, 2019

Ship: Norwegian Escape

Cabin type: Balcony

Traveled as: Large Group

Review summary

Overall I would do this same cruise and ship over again any time. Well worth the cost, 90% of this cruise was just perfect. Some things like rude people and long lines are just part of any vacation having more people then your own home town. Unfortunetly leaving process put a huge red mark at the end for me. There has to be a better way. Service Food and Housing were all 100% for me those are my biggest reason. We will sail norwegian again just want to try the newest ship, I will definetly consider escape aagin just to see there staff again who were the absolute best.

Embarkation

Manahatten terminal to get on is a bit chaotic, Norwegian system for Embarkation was good not perfect

Ship experiences

By far the best part was the food and drinks. Zero complaints food was amazing, drinks on the drink package were plentiful. Certain servers were slow but once you found the good ones (Rolando in H20) give them a good tip and you will be double fisting all week.

Teppanyaki

Paid to do this restaurant well worth it, funny chefs and great service. Of course they do the whole buy your picture for 25$ thing but besides that perfect.

The Manhattan Room

Favorite restaurant (close with O'sheehans) on board for me. loved feeling luxury in my sports clothes or casual clothes. Food was always different with a great variety. Ate three awesome different meals the last three nights. Handles large group (48) well. Plan a dinner with your wife around a show really worth the visit, like me you'll probably be back.

O'Sheehan's Bar and Grill

No better spot it has all the favorites. every night at 3 am I get the Asian wings and head to bed. Must have for all cruise ships for the late night crowd. Manager here is top notch so is the night staff.

Garden Cafe

I give this 5 stars if not for the seating. This is partially not the ships fault because singles were constantly taking big booths and big tables, but often at peak times hard to find a good seat. Food was awesome always a pizza and burger bar. Great variety but the same favorites. Loved the food. Soups, salads, sandwiches, desserts everything

I never did the pool, my kids loved the water slides and mini golf. Basketball courts were great as well. Dinner shows were plentiful and overall good selection

Escape Casino

The service here was 5 stars, the only reason it gets 4 is due to lack of poker games. There was an awesome cash table, but always full with waiting list. needed more poker card games as well. Overall Craps, Blackjack were great as well. Simba is the best, the others are almost as great!

Sports Complex

Basketball at sea for us was a must. They could have a few better basketballs, but overall happy to have a court on board.

Mini Golf

Good course not the fanciest but very adequate

I didnt see any but there were oplenty to see if I wanted.

Spice H20

We were here the most of any other part of the ship. Rolando at bar is the best there is. Works hard to get everyone drinks fast. 18 yr on the cruise ship he's just unbelievable. rest of the staff there are great too. Smokers can hang and drink all hours in good weather. Waterfall is the best on a hot day. HIGHLY recommended.

I had two teens and one 12 yr old. The programs offered were excellent my boys travelled with 12 other kids or they would have been utilized more. Other members of our group LOVED the ability to use these functions. ALL staff members were above and beyond. Never encountered anything but amazing service.

Entourage Teen Lounge

Video games and hangouts perfect for the teens, this place was always full with a huge over flow

Amazing, couldn't have asked for more. I really got to know 5-6 of these workers. These were people dedicated to customer service and they were awesome. I couldn't have asked for more. I spent a lot of time in the casino on table games. Simba has the best service, but the others were right there too. Great group of staff everywhere.

I couldn't find something to complain about here. always clean always nice. Of course you see a plate outside a door every once in a while but overall very well kept ship, Always clean

pleasantly Surprised on the size. Bed was Huge. we fit 5 in our room although it was tight at times. I thought the room was perfect for the price. Balcony was especially nice. Bathroom shower only but pretty big as well.

Ship tip

Elevators at times were packed, Getting off was a long long line and wait at about 9-10 am, go early for better results.

Ports of call

New York, New York

This is where we tarted, had an awesome time in manhatten, not so much in Queens, make casreful decisions here large city

Port Canaveral, Florida

Loved this stop, went to cocoa beach for shopping beaches great beach day

Great Stirrup Cay (Cruise Line Private Island), Bahamas Did not visit port

Rough Water didnt visit

Beautiful place Atlantis is unreal, Locals are far too in your face and pushy. Often raw sewage running through the streets. Could be so much nicer, sad to see what parts of this island live like.

Disembarkation

Slow Slow and lots of waiting. Definatly wont be up until 3 am next time ill get out early

1 Comment