Bermuda Blast

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review to Bermuda

Cruises: 1 cruise (first)

Overall rating:

Norwegian Escape

7 Night Bermuda (New York Roundtrip)

Sail date: September 02, 2018

Ship: Norwegian Escape

Cabin type: Balcony

Traveled as: Singles/Friends

Review summary

I went on this cruise with my best friend and we had a blast. We ate and drank and partied like crazy. The staff is so nice. Wasn't very happy with the service at Cagney's. All the other restaurants were good. The best was The Manhattan. Great food , service and atmosphere. And it's included! Dance party every night outside at H2O.

Embarkation

Ship experiences

La Cucina

The food was excellent. One of the plates ordered was Sea Bass. I don't believe it was Sea Bass. Did not look or taste like it. More like trout. Did not enjoy that. But the tiramisu was outstanding.

The Manhattan Room

So good I went back 3 times. By far the best food, service and atmosphere. Equivalent to a Manhattan Steak House.

Cagney's Steakhouse

We sat down were brought water and waited 25 minutes for bread. The waiter took our order at that time. 20-25 minutes later we got our appetizer, 20-25 minutes later we got our soup. OMG this was the longest dinner of my life. We were served our side dishes and waited another 10 minutes for the steak to go with them.

One small pool was not sufficient for the number of passengers. The fitness center was great. The water slide was fun. Could have had a couple more choices of activities. The miniature golf is ugly and not well thought out.

Hot Tubs

The hot tubs in the front of the ship do not work. Which made the ones in the back of the ship over crowded.

I felt the entertainment was lacking. I walked out on a few of the shows. Not much of a selection and I was expecting more of a Vegas or Broadway type show. The comedian was good.

All of the staff were exceptional. Shout out to Ronald my steward, Mandy and JoJo.

I was pleasantly surprised at the size of the cabin. The bed was very comfortable.The drawer under the couch was musty, causing me a sore throat and my companion is allergic to mold to develop bronchitis and an ear infection .

Ship tip

Beware of the step up into the bathroom.

Ports of call

New York, New York

Bermuda was beautiful but 2 1/2 days is not sufficient. Less time traveling there/back and more time in port.

Royal Naval Dockyard, West End, Bermuda