Fun Cruise, Great Service, Friendly Staff

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruises: 1 cruise (first)

Overall rating:

Norwegian Escape

7 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail date: November 25, 2017

Ship: Norwegian Escape

Cabin type: Balcony

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

I would recommend this ship. I think that is the best thing I can say about this ship. Great staff, fun ship, decent food and good overall experience.

Embarkation

Embarkation was painless and they made it pretty smooth. It's a big ship with a lot of passengers, so I thought they handled it very well. Minimum headaches.

Ship experiences

Food was the one area that I wasn't that impressed with. The buffet isn't bad. The breakfast is the best part. The specialty restaurants were the most disappointing. Though the service was excellent, the food was somewhat forgettable. With the drink package we had a very good time, even with traveling with a baby. It was worth it for us.

Moderno Churrascaria

This place was probably my favorite of all of the restaurants when it came to overall food. If you are able to visit a specialty restaurant I would advise that you choose this one.

O'Sheehan's Bar and Grill

Certain items on the menu are very good, and others are not. It's a good place to grab some appetizers and have a few drinks. We found ourselves there a lot having drinks, watching some sports and playing some of the games. It's the only bar that's open real late so it's a good spot for a night cap. If you want to see a show in the Atrium, this is a good spot to sit but you better get there early.

Garden Cafe

Good breakfast options. It really depends on the day and what they're serving on whether or not you'll enjoy the food. Most of the time there were good options. The desserts were extremely disappointing. Overall it was good. I miss the breakfast.

This is a pretty fun ship. Several onboard activities for all ages. We were able to take our toddler to 2 of the children's events in the mornings and it was fun. They have a special staff dedicated to their children's program and they are excellent. It was nice to have those opportunities. For adults there is plenty of onboard activities. The Atrium is of course the hot spot. My wife and I actually got to participate in one of the couple shows and it was hilarious. It's a good time and a great way to mix up the day.

The two shows that we were able to see were decent. It wasn't anything I would get excited about.

Great ship for children. Plenty of opportunities for them to have fun and get involved. Pool area for kids was pretty good too.

Just excellent.

Very clean. Ship was easy to navigate.

Comfortable and clean. Plenty of room even with 2 adults and baby. It was definitely worth going with a balcony cabin.

Ports of call

Miami, Florida

Falmouth, Jamaica

George Town, Grand Cayman

Great Stirrup Cay (Cruise Line Private Island), Bahamas Did not visit port

Were not able to visit due to weather.

Disembarkation