Norwegian Escape Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Not as good as previous cruises

Sail Date: October 01, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

It started poorly because messed up our room assignments. We booked this last February with my daughter and son in law. We were told our cabins would be near each other. Once we boarded this huge ship, we discovered we were on the complete opposite ends of deck 11. Even worse we were sharing taking care of two small children, one a baby. That made the vacation a lot of hard work. Next we were told we were close to the child center. In truth both rooms were far from there. The cruise was sold out so there was no chance of fixing the problem.

We were supposed to have on board credits that neglected to tell NCL about.

As as for the cruise it was ok. We lost our port because Nassau was hit so hard by Matthew. Our five year old grandson has the time of his life. I was not as crazy about the new ship Escape as I thought. All they really did was build more rooms. Most of the ship was crowded. They did not build a bigger theatre. Just now you have to have a reservation to attend the shows.

Even in the specialty restaurants dinner was a two hour deal. The workers are great, they are just overwhelmed.

This is was my fifth cruise. All have been on NCL. It seems to be like with so much success NCL has become arrogant. I think I'll try another line next time.

Nothing special.
Miami, Florida
That part of cruise was cancelled.
Tortola, British Virgin Islands

Shop around. Don't buy the stuff for sale on the ship. It's all overpriced. Some deals offered towards the end of the cruise.

1 Comment