Norwegian Escape Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

NCL Escape Review

Sail Date: October 01, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

Was very satisfied and in particular the food was one of the best I've experienced in many years.  The specialty restaurants were very good and a nice change of pace from just eating in the dining room, especially La Bistro and La Cucina.  I thought the restaurant O'Sheean was excellent, very convenient and good food, good service.  It was great being able to just go in for a snack or lunch pretty much any time.  I was also impressed how smooth the sailing was, especially considering we went during a major hurricane.  Never felt uneasy and we commented on this how smooth it was.  I thought the layout of the ship was very practical and how much was going on right there in the Atrium area.  Also like how casual everything was including the dress code.  Overall very satisfied and would go again and recommend to others.

Very nice with adequate room. Would have liked to have a sitting chair rather than only a couch.
Disembarkation downstairs at port, the woman's bathroom was out of service and wife had to use the mens room. No excuse for that.
Destinations and Excursions Didn't go on any exursions, just walked around St. Thomas and Tortola briefly then back on the ship. Nassau was cancelled due to damage of their port from Hurricane Matthew, which was better for me as I like days at sea better than the Caribbean ports, so the fact that we only went to two places was great.
Children's Programs N/A
Didn't particularly like the main theater shows, but did like most of the other entertainment in the other venues throughout the cruise.