September 3, 2016- Spetember 10, 2016

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Helpful Vote: 1

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: September 03, 2016
Ship: Norwegian Escape
Cabin Type: Suite

The Ship was beautiful and I loved my Haven Penthouse on the 17th Floor.   The ports were great and we enjoyed ourselves.  The shows on the ship were good, though Bingo was expensive.  The food at the dinner show was terrible but the show was great.  that was the only bad meal I had on the ship.  I heard others say that the food was not that good on Friday and everything was rushed. However, I was was very disappointed that even though  I had paid more for my suite this year versus last year on the Getaway, the Thermal Spa was not included and the  Specialty dining was only for 3 nights versus last year when we received the Thermal Spa and the dining packing was for five nights.  Since I paid a lot more money I expected the same services or better. I thought that the concierge on the Getaway was far better than on the Escape.  When I told her about my  issue with the Thermal Spa I felt she did not put much effort in coming up with a satisfactory solution. When we had a problem with the Gym noises being above our room last year on the Getaway the concierge worked to get us a credit and  had them put some mats under the the treadmill.  We did not see the Butler except when he put  snacks in the room.  Norwegian needs to look into getting another  Tour company for Miami as the Big Bus companies bus broke down 3 times, there was no AC and the Tour person had to pay for us to take a cab to the Airport because the Van did not sow up due to the 911 checkpoints at the airport.  Norwegian should have let the guest know about the checkpoints at the airport because I am sure some folks missed their flights home.

The cabin was great, The décor was beautiful. Thee remote was not working and we had to use our own batteries. The Steward did not replenish bath gel everyday.

Have enough money if you play Bingo, it was expensive. Make sure to double check what your package included.

Change Tour Companies. Bus broke down 3 times and tour person had to pay for our cab to airport.
Stay later