Norwegian Escape Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Still at sea

Sail Date: August 14, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

First of all We  have cruised on almost all of the cruise lines in the past. Second cruise this year. Lets get to some info for you. This ship is crowded and the reason I am in our balcony cabin writing this.  Lines everywhere from the bar to the public bathrooms.  Seems like there is very little deck space for all these people.  The pool area is a disaster.  2,500 people trying to use the small pool at once.  There are people over people trying to get their feet wet.The pool wall is full of sitting people waiting for a bather to get out so someone else can enter. What a disaster it is.  Even the kids arent happy. If you want a great day sitting by the pool in a lounge chair this is not the ship for you. There are enough chairs by the pool for about 150 people. Everyone stands up shoulder to shoulder. Noticed a soiled diaper under one lounger.

Food.....Low quality meats, instant mashed potatoes and tasteless gravies.  The whole ship is geared to selling the restaurant  and not coming to the free dinner.  Then there are the watered down drinks.  Had a Bahama Mama today and it tasted like it was made with cool aid.  Not bad for $16.00 each.

The cabins are smaller then most other cruise lines.  They want ever sq in of space so they can pack more cabins in.  I am not even going into the elevator lines and full of kids going up and down to no where all day.  We need to get off this ship.

The lobby as I call it is small also.

Most of my causing has been with Royal Caribbean and there is no comparison.  Food is great, plenty of room, large cabins, lots of elevators, and perfect drinks.

This ship is new and cheap.  The staff is good, the ship is clean, the shows so far is ok but not great. The ship is crowded because the price is low.  Usually a month before the rate drops for the 4th time to under $400.00 for a balcony I paid $999.00 per do not get reimbursed the difference so wait until the last minute for a cheap fare to all the lines this ship has to offer.

Ok now the last thing is the A/C....  no thermostat in the cabins. My cabin was so hot.  Unbearable in port. Relief only when the balcony door was left open at sea.This is not the fun ship I thought it would be.  Never again and if you have not booked this cruise yet be warned.

Clean cabin but very small.

Dont sail NCL