AWESOME!!

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: June 04, 2016
Ship: Norwegian Escape

This was the first time my family has cruised on NCL. Much to our surprise NCL is like a welled oiled ship. The staff was so friendly and helpful. When we returned to the ship there was music, wet- moist towels, sitting areas, and dancing/singing staff members. My kids even made mention "I feel sorry for Carnival cruises because it's dead over there and we're like a party on land and sea". The shows and entertainment was amazing. Howl at the Moon was FANTASTIC, and the Cat's Pajama's and Brat Pack was awesome. The rooms were very nice and modern but could have had more space. I liked the free-style dining, but the set menu was the same every night. I wished there was more of a variety on each night. The buffet options were great but they need to stay open later for people who are out late. I appreciated the room service however my kids cost me a fortune with the $7.95 service fee where the other cruise lines just put a 18% tax on the food. One night it cost me $54 dollars between the food, drinks, and chocolate covered strawberries ordered from room service. I understand charging for the strawberries but if the buffet stayed open later that might cut down on the extras charges to the room. I enjoyed the excursions a lot and would recommend the B.O.S.S underwater scooters, zip-lining, and parasailing. Also, it's worth the effort to catch a ferry from St. Thomas to St. John's to see Trunk Bay. trunk Bay is rated one of the top 10 beaches in the world. We went to one of the specialty restaurants (Japanese) and was totally entertained, the food was plentiful and delicious.

I would sail NCL again and will be better prepared about the extra charges.

Food was good, buffet lines need to stay open until at least 1:00-1:30, menu needs to change more often (O'Sheehan's, and the Manhattan/Taste/Savor).

Bring money for all the extra's. Do your drinks, excursions, online so you can save money. Keep track of your on-board credits.

Do the BOSS underwater scooters, take a ferry from Charlotte Amalie to St. John and go to Trunk Bay. Beautiful beach and water!!!
take the canopy/zipline tour
kinda of dirty, Atlantis is very expensive for a water park, parasailing is good