Norwegian Escape Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Good but not great!

Sail Date: May 28, 2016

Well let me start off with we departed Miami on Sat may 28th at 7pm. We boarded at noon and from the start everything seemed to be fantastic. We hopped on, ate dinner and toured the ship. 1st let me tell you about the ship! Its huge! It has 2 hot tubs on the bow, 2 mid deck and 2 stern, there is also a water cave on the stern of the ship! There is a small kids water park and slide, as well as 3 water slides for bigger kids. There is a 2 level climbing scaffolding, Basketball court, Shuffle board on each side of the ship, Mini Golf, ping pong, arcade, 1 main pool mid ship that is for adults and one smaller pool just behind it for kids. The food on the ship was good even if the lido deck left you feeling a little blah! There is literally tons of stuff to do on this ship!  Our 1st night on the ship and at 10pm when the kids are finally ready to sleep the wife and I want to hot tub. The 2 hot tubs which are mid deck are jam packed as this is the only big pool on the entire ship. We didn't want to be under bright lights or bombarded by loud music so we went topside where there are 3 huge hot tubs. All of which closed at 10. Soooooo no hot tubing! We wanted to go to the front of the ship and look off the bow but it was closed off because they said it's high winds.  The next day my kids want to go on the zip line and the climbing maze they have. I'm not sure why they have 2 levels to the climbing maze as it was open once for about 2 hours during a week long cruise! The planks that hang over the side of the ship were open the day we got on board at Port and were open one other day of the week also. You can do whatever you want but do it before 8pm because thats when this ship shuts down! You cant play ping pong or shuffle board, waterslide, NOTHING Everything is closed! Seriously they take the shuffle board chips and ping pong balls away at 8pm! Unless your a drinker or a gambler this ship shuts down!  The shows however were great, I enjoyed every show we attended! Our room had a balcony and the beds were great. The room was nice for the size. The biggest problem was the closet location. It's really a pain to get too. The mid ship part of other ships is usually where a lot of entertainment takes place but on this ship a majority of this took place inside the ship at the atrium. Its quite small and gets congested FAST. They show movies here for the kids and its so loud and noisy in this area of the ship that its almost impossible to watch. The ship has a theater but for some reason they dont use this for the game shows or anything which is a real shame!  On our last cruise you could sit in pool or hot tub and watch the nightly movies to pass the time at night! This seems to be a great ship for those who would like a laid back cruise where you go to bed early, if you want night life there's really only the one place for night life and thats each night on the back of the ship.  I wont say our cruise was bad because it wasnt but it certainly did not live up to my expectations.If I had to do it again I probably would book on a different cruise line!

The balcony suites were nice but with the 2 smaller beds out the closet is a pain to access!

Bring something to do after 10pm