Some Good and some Bad

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 12, 2016
Ship: Norwegian Escape

As a bonus for getting a balcony, we got the ultimate dining package - fabcy restaurants for the 7 nights of the cruise.  That was good.  The ship was new and so was very well decorated. O'Sheehans cafe was also a good thing.  Great food and not a lot of people used it.  Now the bad.  The hallways were very narrow - barely enough room to squeeze by the cabin steward's carts.  Our door would not close on its own.  I suppose that if I complained and engineer could have adjusted it.  IMHO the cabin steward should have reported it.  I got the unlimited internet package.  With 4 sea days I felt it was a good deal.  My wife and I play a Facebook game.  We were unable to get it to load do we could play it.  Different browsers, different OS's.  When I went to the Internet cafe   I was informed that the ship will block certain type of internet content including games.  I then requested my package be cancelled.  Good thing - it was cancelled and I was not charged at all.  Here is the worst thing that happened.  There are some water slides on the ship.  It is 6 flights of steps to get to the top.  On my first trip up, I was informed at the top no jewellery was allowed.  Ok I figured that necklaces , chains and watches were what they meant.  Back down and removed my chain.  Back up and was informed this time that no rings were allowed either.  Not even wedding rings.  I have had my wedding ring on so long and had gained enough weight that my ring would not come off  - my finger had swollen around my ring.  I was denied access to the slide.

Eating at Moderno is a must. The ropes course is also a must for the adventurous.