Norwegian Escape Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Escape

Sail Date: March 12, 2016

Room Type: Suite

After reading numerous poor reviews, chats and comments, I was a bit apprehensive to go on the Escape.  Our cruise departed March 12th.  Myself, wife and 11 year old twin daughters had a great time. We were in cabin number 8134, a mini suite with a large balcony.   Marco, our cabin steward was always friendly and kept the room nice. We enjoyed the cruise director Silas and his staff.  The service and staff were excellent, accommodating and pleasant.  We did not feel crowded even though there were over 4900 passengers on board.   Based on previous reviews, we did not have a problem finding a chair near the pool on sea days.  However, I did wake up one morning to get a chair at 7:00.  I should have stayed in and slept.  My experience with the pool.  When I got hot, I dipped into the pool.  If I wanted to sit around the pool, I could find a place to sit. An opinion on food is subjective. My kids and I ate lunch in the Garden Café every date.  We thoroughly enjoyed the food and had no trouble finding tables.  Staff was quick to remove plates, silverware and clean tables.  My wife went to Margaretville one time and enjoyed it. Our fist night, my family dined at Manhattan. We ate Italian at La Cucina,  had a great tasting steak at Cagney’s.  My wife and kids enjoyed the Japanese at Teppenyaki.   We all were entertained by the preparation of the food and the chefs made sure it was fun.  Our last night, we ate at the French restaurant, Le Bistro.  We went to the dinner show, The Brat Pack and had a GREAT TIME.  We knew the show was PG 16 but took our daughters.  I was a little embarrassed I took them but we all really enjoyed it.  In the Atrium, we enjoyed Dancing With The Cruise Staff (I think that was the name) and The Perfect Couple.  Both shows were extremely funny. You may want to get there a little early for seats, otherwise, I did not mind standing. My wife and daughter enjoyed Vocal Overdrive. I saw three different shows with the comedians on board, enjoying each show.  We saw After Midnight.  Great singing, dancing and costumes but I did not care for the show. Once again, this is my opinion. My kids and I enjoyed the ropes course and zip line.  We even got my wife up there for the first time in her life.   Unfortunately, our last port day was canceled due to a sick passenger.   I got over it fast and enjoyed my last day. I spoke with many passengers and all were having a great time, with NO COMPLAINTS.  Let me know if you have any questions,

Cruise Photos

Large Balcony
Problems at the port! Had to wait over an hour to get off ship!