Norwegian Escape Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Purser

Disappointing in most respects

Sail Date: January 02, 2016

This was our third cruise, second on NCL, with our family of 4.  We had booked right away after having a great trip in 2015 on the Getaway.  This trip was disappointing between the lack of direction when getting on the ship of where to go, to the poor customer service throughout..

Agree with other reviewers that getting a chair by the pool was ridiculous - my husband went up at 5:45 am on a couple of days and most were already "reserved".

We had the ultimate drink package and had to chase down wait staff to get a drink at the bars, poolside, and in the restaurants.  The service in the restaurants was fair at best - no refills on drinks, my son asked for milk 4 times before getting it on one one occasion, there was eye rolling when ordering, one night I tried to order a coffee drink featured on the menu, but was told "no coffee tonight".  It was long waits to get in to restaurants and then I felt as though they were pushing us out.

Our mini-suite was lovely but the room steward was not as attentive as we have had previously.  One night I walked out on my balcony barefoot (no lights on the balconies) and stepped on a layer of broken glass - turns out a balcony railing had broken above us and the shards of glass were all over.  The rest of the ending evening consisted of picking shards of glass out of my bloody foot!  It was 10:00 the next morning before our room steward came to vacuum it up which needless to say, did not capture it all, so there was no lounging on our balcony for the remainder of the trip since the glass was on the chairs as well.

The shore excursions were short for the price and not as good as previous cruises.  The shows were pretty good - the Brat Pack show was excellent aside from the person in front of us posting pictures of her drinks and food to social media throughout, which was very distracting - would have liked to see a "no cell phone" rule for the shows. Even my 11 and 13 olds were appalled!

There were a number of activities for the kids, however the ropes course was a bit scary.  My husband went with one of my kids and when he came down, the crew member looked at his harness and asked if everything was OK on the course, brought the harness to someone else who looked at it with him adnd they proceeded to throw it away!

We were quite ready to get off the ship and while waiting to disembark met others who were equally disappointed with their vacation as well.