Norwegian Escape Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Great for solo travelers

Sail Date: January 16, 2016

Norwegian is one of the few cruise lines that values solo travelers.  They have designed cute studio cabins for solos at a lower price point than getting a regular cabin and paying for two passages. If you want, there is a solo travelers group which meets up in the Studio cabins lounge at 6:00 each night, which organizes dinners, shows, etc., so you can make friends for the week.

Escape  is a great ship if you want an active vacation.  I recommend getting up a 6:00 am and doing laps on deck 8 while you watch the sun rise.  The ropes course is a challenge, and the water slides look great although I didn't go on them. No rock wall though.

The food in the dining room is pretty fancy--lots of seafood.  I like things plainer, so I couldn't find much I wanted on the menu.   But if you are a foodie I think you'll be pleased.

i do think it's a mistake to use the atrium for the game shows, etc.  it's really not big enough to hold the crowd.  They should use the theater instead.

Specially designed for solos. Really different feel from a normal cabin. The have lights that can rotate colors-- red, pink, purple, blue, etc., or you can just use white lights. Compact and needs a little more storage.

For walkers, skip the jogging track and go to deck 8 for a nice big circle ( during the early hours. In the afternoon an evening it is filled with guests of the specialty restaurants.
There is a comedy club which fills up so make reservations.