Norwegian Escape Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Blown away by the Norwegian Escape

Sail Date: January 09, 2016

I have been on 15 Carnival cruises and 1 Royal Caribbean cruise and my wife has been on several also.  She did 1 Norwegian cruise with a girlfriend and said we should do one.  I am always open for a new adventure and I went into with an open mind.  Never did freestyle or open seating for dinner.  Loved it!  No schedule, if we were on an island we could go eat at 8:45 or 9:00 PM or if it was a sea day, we went at 6:30.  The food and the service reminded me of long ago on cruises, the staff was attentive, friendly, and outgoing.

We had the unlimited beverage package, so the drinks were outstanding.  The ship is the first with a Margaritaville on board, and I am a huge Landshark fan, so I was very, very happy!

The shows were outstanding!  The best I have seen on any ship sing 2000.  The Million Dollar Quartet and the Brat Pack blew us away.  The comics and Howl at the Moon was also fantastic.

The room and the steward were very good. We had a mini suite.  Same size "room" and balcony as a regular balcony room, but you pick up 20 sq. feet in the bathroom.  Very nice shower (with jets) and a double sink.  Well worth the extra money.

We are now sold on Norwegian Cruises and actually bought 4 more while on board!

Go with the mini suite. Wait until a week before you cruise and call you agent. If they are available, you will save $$$

Check out the specialty restaurants and the shows so you can make reservations prior to getting on board. Make sure you check out Spice H2O at the rear of the ship. Adults only and no charge!!!