Norwegian Escape Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

A Very Good Experience

Sail Date: December 19, 2015

Traveled As: Family w/young children

The ship is beautiful. Norwegian has outdone themselves with the style and grace of this vessel in the common areas. The room where I stayed had a weird beam right outside the entrance door which we were dangerously close to hitting upon entering and leaving our cabin. The service was excellent in all areas except housekeeping.  But that has been my experience on other Norwegian ships as well.  The freestyle dining has been taken too far. Now, if you don't have the dining package you can eat in the traditional buffet, O'Sheehan's or one of their three restaurants that all serve the same thing. Besides that, they oversold the dining package and those who didn't book their restaurant reservations before departure or the moment they got on board ended up not being able to use it at all.  I tried at 11:30 am on the first full day of the cruise and everything was completely booked. After a lot of standing in lines and back and forth, several days later, they were able to change our dining package to the beverage package though which was useful. I would recommend this ship but don't reserve the dining package unless you plan on booking all of your meals before you travel. Disembarkation was a nightmare. I have been on seven cruises prior to this one and this was by far the most disorganized longest and most tedious process I have ever experienced. It took fully two hours to get off the ship. Despite my gripes, I would still recommend both Norwegian and the Escape.