Norwegian Escape Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Don't believe what you read

Sail Date: December 12, 2015

I had read 104 reviews about NCL's newest ship Escape from it's first sailing out of England to Miami,Florida And my sailing was Dec 12-19. Most of the reviews were very nagitive and I have been on 9 NCL ships over the last nine years and was taken by surprise that this brand new ship had such issues.So my spouse and I board the ship and made a vow that we would NOT take any of these reviews to heart.Getting off and on was a breeze we had a balcony cabin 12900 our room steward was TOP notch we wanted for nothing and we got towel animals every night every staff member treated us with kindness and attention.The food in main dinning rooms were ok,garden cafe which we ate lunch everyday was great we order breakfast every

morning in our cabin on time with politeness.Now I have to discuss dinners I have to have a low sodium diet for dinner time as being on many cruises I had discovered a few cruises back that they cook with much salt and my body reacts so now I order low sodium for dinner which means you must deal with another person on the boat the Head Maite'D I explain my situation to Ms.Sandra Brown who took care of me from day one you order dinner each night for the next evening they bring the next evenings menus you choose they have your cabin #and they prepare your meal,you can eat in any of the three main dinning rooms just tell you're sever that you have a special order and they take care of the rest.Now I would like to talk about the three main dinning rooms we ate in Savor one night and the Manhattan Room the rest of the time they have a nice band and people like to dance from the first night we ate there we were taken under the wing of Edgar who is one of Ms.Browns Asst Matre'D  he made sure that all of our needs were meet and by the second night my unsalted butter came out with the bread basket I have to say the attention we received made us feel like So this is what it feels like to be rich.My spouse joined the Spa Loved it.We did not eat in any speciality restaurants as we have done that on all other NCL cruises and didn't feel the need this time.Now I would like to address the other staff members bartenders got a really bad rap on the reviews we had the UBP packaged we never ever had rudeness nor had to wait for a drink no matter which bar we went to we also found the bartenders to be polite and accommodating.Now I will discuss the entertainment the shows in the theater were great after midnight was the best,the other ones were find.I now must tell you a little about me I am not an easy person and when I travel I get quite  cranky with things don't go my way but I really had no complaints about this cruise please don't base your're thoughts on others reviews.