Slightly Less Than Expected

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: November 28, 2015
Ship: Norwegian Escape

This is the first time traveling with Norwegian Cruise Line. My prior knowledge of the cruise line was the obvious: freestyle dining. I also considered Norwegian to be one of the higher end cruise lines.

The ship was beautiful inside. It was different than I had anticipated, but still nice. The technology on board was very fascinating. The Food Republic restaurant was incredible with the iPad ordering system.

I was not impressed with the amount of mistakes that staff were making when it came to customer service. I was celebrating an anniversary and had ordered the anniversary package. Upon returning to the room, we found Happy Birthday decorations. The issue was resolved in a friendly manner, however, the initial surprise was ruined. We had also bought special glow cups at the glow party only to return to the room the next day and find housekeeping had thrown them out.

The freestyle was nice, however, it took at least an hour and a half every night for dinner to be served in its entirety. There was a lot of waiting for the food to arrive.

Overall, the ship is very nice. It has many features such as the ropes course and brewery as well as the wine cellar that help take away from the poor order of the inaugural sailings.

La Cucina was awful. The service was lousy and I have had better food at chain Italian restaurants. I was really looking forward to dining here; I was extremely disappointed.

Compared to other cruiselines, I felt as though the days at sea were not filled with many activities on board

The cabin was very clean. The balcony view was amazing!

The ship is still new and the staff had some work to do in order for a flawless journey. I would, however, be willing to give the ship another chance.