NCL Escape

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: November 28, 2015
Ship: Norwegian Escape

Was not impressed.  Dining rooms were way understaffed.  Even though we had great waiters they were unable to do it all. Needed busboys and bar service staff.  Most people had the UBP and there was vitually no service on Deck 17. I didn't go on a cruise to have to stand in line at a crowded bar in the pool area to get my own drinks. One small adult pool for a ship the size of the Escape was inadequate.  Placement of deck chairs was extremely crowded. I have been on 23 cruises in the past on Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, Princess, Carnival, Cunard and the SS Norway and would rate all of those cruises way above this one. Not a fan of Freestyle. I prefer to see people appropriately dressed for dinner.  Slacks and collared shirts for men not shorts & tees.

I heard lots of people that had cruised on other NCL ships complain about the Escape. Even some of the crew was disappointed. I doubt that I would ever book another NCL cruise. Poor value for the money I spent.

Only good thing onboard.

Understaffed understaffed in complimentary dining rooms and bar service on decks.

Too cramped around bed. Barely enough space between bed and closet to get out of bed on the side.

Don't book this ship unless you like walking on your deck chair to sit down, going to pool bar for your own drinks, mediocre service in the complimentary dining rooms, and crowds. Not nearly enough open space.