Norwegian Escape Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Purser

Disappointed, But Still A Good Cruise

Sail Date: November 21, 2015

Room Type: Suite

Embarkation/Deparkation: both good, no complaints

Ship: Obviously clean and in good shape.

Room: Mini Suite - room seemed cheaply made, storage was ok, bathroom was nice and the shower was one of the best we have had at sea. Steward was great.

Service: Drinks were slow, service in the Garden Cafe was ok at best. We had the Ultimate Dining Package and the service at the specialty dining venues was very good.

Kids Activities: Really disappointed/pissed that they canceled Nickelodeon, especially since they advertised they were going to have it and then about 3 months before the sailing they canceled Nickelodeon. I was told by their staff that customers weren't willing to pay for the cruise so they took the experience off. My son tried the kids program but didn't stay and didn't return so I can't rate them, other kids enjoyed the program. Overall I think there are better cruises for families.

Water slides were good, but watch out if you have small kids. Bigger kids came in and seemed to lose control of their brain and were crashing into kids at the bottom. Several kids were seen hurting and crying. NCL staff made aware and sometimes staff was seen monitoring, but that seemed to end after a couple of days.

Food: Garden Cafe was good for buffet. Margaritaville was very good, but on the next cruise staff was saying they were going A La Carte and that would be bad. Don't know that the food was worthy of paying additional. Food Republic was very good, but again to pay for food in initial fare, then select UDP and still have to pay $30 for food is ridiculous. NCL really seems to be charging for everything and I did not like that.

Entertainment: After Midnight we did not like, Million Dollar Quartet was very good, Comedians were okay, Howl at the Moon was outstanding.

This was our 3rd NCL cruise in 3 years. We went my In-Laws and it was their 4th cruise on NCL in 3 years. We both said we would rather go to RCL or another line instead of going back on NCL. What a shame!!!! I am not someone who focuses on negatives, but there were so many experiences that weren't the same as what we experienced on the Getaway or the Epic.

Room nice, but seemed a little cheap on materials. Bathroom was nice, shower was amazing. The beds were the worst that we have slept on!
UDP was great