Norwegian Escape Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Not Recommended! Very Disappointed!

Sail Date: November 21, 2015

Group of 15 with the following demographic:
28-45 Years of Age
Multiple Ethnicities
Straight & Gay

Let's start with the positive, the ship is beautiful with all details accounted for down to the salt and pepper shakers at the restaurants.  Also, the water slides where very nice and lots of fun when they were open.  The adventure course was pretty cool too.

Night Life:
THERE IS NOT ONE INDOOR CLUB!  They have an open sun deck in the back of the ship that is only open weather permitting.  It's windy and interesting the first night but you get over it pretty quickly.  Then there's the Skyline...the second in line "club wise".  Fully open smack next to the casino...feels like part of the casino.  The bartenders were literally ALL very rude and just not happy to be there.  There was only one bartender that is usually in the pool bar and would go to the Skyline to back up that was super nice and full of energy.  He was always happy, dancing, and made excellent drinks.  His name is Clarense Bennett from Honduras and the only one that would always wear a straw hat.  Then the worst part, since the Skyline is so open, the teenagers would constantly crash the half ass party (we did the best we could with the so so music).  All of them in mass groups doing the nae nae and cupid shuffle amidst the drunken old men.  Super inappropriate and unsupervised.  Many times my drinks would disappear and while I thought the bartender was just cleaning the bar too fast, I saw one of the young ones with sheer talent stealing one of my friends drink...pure stealth.  Only the last night after a complaint did the security guard go in and kick them out.

The Service:
For some reason the person in charge of my stateroom was all attitude with mediocre cleaning.  I called daily for proper cleaning and one day the guy gave me his schedule and basically insinuated with his tone he would come and make up the room as a favor.  The housekeeping manager was very nice and the last couple of days everything was up to par.  The couple a few doors down with a different person had a good experience and I haven't asked the rest of the group so maybe it was just mine.

The Spa:
It was nice...nice but after sailing in the NCL EPIC, I was expecting the same or more.  The pool was smaller and the overall set up was not as impressive.  The snow room was super cool, that was my best memory from the space.  The attendants in the front can use a training on proper "spa" service...again, the ladies at the EPIC were also very nice and professional.

The Gym:
You have everything you need but very tight..although the ship is bigger, the gym is smaller than the one in the EPIC.  The view from the cardio area, very nice as usual.  Brace yourself to bump sweaty arms in the weights area.

The Restaurants:
The only 2 restaurants that I can say were excellent and worth the expense were Food Republic and Le Bistro in second place.  The rest were OK, noting to die for.

The H2O Sundeck Area:
Light and low low music...good place to get sun while taking a nap.

The Main Pool Area:
I like my pool area with a DJ and drinks.  Most of the time there was a live singer with unbrushed hair.  I consider the pool to be small for the size of the ship and there are not enough Jacuzzis.  Speaking of jacuzzis, full of children all day.  Packs of 10 snorkeling under the bubbles....for hours.  Children EVERYWHERE except their kiddie area.  Thank goodness for the area upstairs that's enclosed.  I don't remember the name but you have to pay extra to be allowed in and it's adults only.  I recommend the drink Pain Killer!

In conclusion, if you're looking for a fun lively ship with a night life and modern music, this is not it.  This ship is meant to relax, gain 10 pounds (all you can do is eat) and play bingo.  I kissed the floor when I finally got off the ship (so was my entire group).  After this experience I don't want to think of a cruise but when I do, my eyes are shifting over to another heart can't bear another ESCAPE experience.

Food Republic is the best restaurant!