i wasn't impressed

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: November 21, 2015

They charge extra for everything once on board: yoga, spinning, shows, games, behind scenes tour.

It was massively crowded, the rope course and water slides were closed more times than open; when they did open the lines were over an hour long.

The arcade games started at $1.25, bowling $5/ per game - per person.    they charge for pool and darts also.

They advertised a $20 bingo game -- when we got there it was $40-$60 and that $20 was only for the very last game.

Dining and excursions were sold out before the 1st day on the cruise - something they do not mention on the site - so book everything before you go - and book it quickly.

the service staff were all very nice, polite, hard workers, and we saw them not only hussling, but I also saw SEVERAL keeping their cool at irate passengers.  Because - there were many upset passengers.     So while the staff did an excellent job - they were not staffed appropriately, and that resulted in LONG WAITS for service.   long.   10-15 minutes before a server even came to your table.

I was and was with first time cruisers - so I do take ownership that some of this was us not knowing "how to" cruise.     Regardless, the extra costs were just above and beyond what I find reasonable.  I feel NCL should be more informative of what you should expect; mention everything sells out before the first day, list the extra costs as well.

We did do the research prior, but the information was not out there.  I don't feel NCL is up front about the costs, and that is the biggest disappointment as you cannot prepare.

it was nice, they are small as I had expected. Housekeeping did a great job keeping it clean.