Awesome Eastern Caribbean Cruise!

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Cruises: 4-6 cruises

Overall rating:

Norwegian Epic

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)

Sail date: March 30, 2019

Ship: Norwegian Epic

Cabin type: Inside

Cabin number: 11568

Traveled as: Singles/Friends

Review summary

Overall, I had an awesome and great time on this Eastern Caribbean cruise on NCL Epic. All the people I encountered all the ship were very nice, had great altitude, and made sure I had a fun experience. The studio room was and continue to be a great addition to offer to solo travelers and I can say it is a genius move. I really appreciated everyone who made it happened.

Embarkation

Great!

Ship experiences

The foods served at main dining rooms were decent but not great, could be hit or miss sometimes. Good thing was the specialty restaurants had excellent foods. I only had breakfast at the buffets and they were fairly good.

The waterslides were very fun and I really liked the adult-only jacuzzi!! The fitness center had too many trendmills but not enough room for free weight and cross-training.

The musicians/DJs were generally very good. I did not see any stage shows so can't comment.

I think the concierge for the solo travelers could be more attentive and improve on getting people to familiarize with each other at the solo traveler social. Beside that, I was very satisfied with all the waiters, bartenders, room stewards and all other ship personnel.

I liked the Epic's layout and things were easy to find. Common areas were clean but I noticed some areas did show some age.

I was satisfied with the overall comfort and it was a perfect size for single person. My room was always clean. One issue I had was the shower water pressure was kind of weak.

Ship tip

Make sure you try the Brazilian BBQ specialty restaurant! It is the best!

Ports of call

Port Canaveral, Florida

Did not do any excursion.

Tortola, British Virgin Islands

I went to Long Bay Beach and it was very beautiful and relaxing. Will def do it again! The island itself is still recovering and appears to still a lot of clean-up to do...

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

Great vibrant downtown and Mountain Top has amazing views of the beaches and the whole island!

Great Stirrup Cay (Cruise Line Private Island), Bahamas

The tender took a very long time and felt not very efficient in terms of time. I did have a thrilling and fun time doing wave runner! The beach was a little too crowded though.

Disembarkation

It was easy to disembark the ship but difficult to find way to get a ride back to the airport. The issue was all the bus shuttle tickets were sold out and very difficult to find alternative transportation.

1 Comment