Norwegian Epic Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

Western Mediterranean Cruise

Sail Date: August 24, 2016

Overall my husband and I enjoyed the cruise. Each port had its attraction, My favorites were Florence and Naples. Did all but one tour independent.  Ironically the only one that we did with NCL was the Monaco and Monte Carlo tour and it was our least favorite.  I believe it had to do with the tour guide and not enough things to see or do.  The guide wasn't passionate, he just commented without much historical context.  As another cruiser stated the NCL wasn't helpful if you didn't book the tour with them.  They had no interest in letting you know where to go. I wasn't expecting them to know anything about the tour company but to be helpful in guiding to where the independent tours were stationed and how to get to them.

Food was okay, Actually I think Carnival's food was better, definitely Carnival's dessert were better and overall Celebrity has had the best food.  We had the drink package and the upgrade restaurant.  Definitely the drink package is worth it but the upgrade to the restaurant package was just okay.  The Italian restaurant was  nothing great,  the Steakhouse was good as was the Brazilian churrascaria.

The Garden Cafe was okay, however during breakfast it was always jammed. AC isn't what we Americans are used to, it was still warm. Had to take the food and eat outside the Garden Cafe, nothing wrong and actually better (nice breeze).

Cabin room was small as expected (a bit dated) nice balcony but I didn't like that the sink was right in the room almost in front of the bed.  Good water flow for the shower.  Room had good storage for two individuals.  Bring a power strip cord, only two 120 volt receptacles and two 220 volt (European).  With todays gadgets that we all have you'll be sorry if you don't bring the power strip. Our cabin guy was great, Marlon was always asking us if we needed something when he saw us. The bar guy from Perú on the pool deck was great, (forgot his name).

Cabin / Stateroom see above