Norwegian Epic Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

Third Mate

Great Cruise, BUT the new policies/price increases blew it for me!

Sail Date: December 09, 2015

Traveled As: Family w/young children

The ship was awesome, food was fair and staff was ok (some great, others were sad). My issues were that I was now "obligated" to pay gratuities (or service fees....whatever they wish to call the fees) based on NCL's formula and new rate of $13.50 per day/per person. And I had no idea they wouldn't adjust this on the ship anymore (must send in a form and wait two weeks to get a refund). I prefer to provide such gratuities on MY OWN terms. To make matters worse they charged me twice for my, now I have over $400 held up days before Christmas! In addition, $8.95 for room service at any time of day?? NCL has gotten ridiculously greedy and I think I've sailed my final trip with them. By the way, I've called twice and waited over 30 minutes for nothing- guess I'm not the only pissed customer!

The room was nice. A little tight, but still nice. My only problem with the room was that the balcony had no cover, so we frequently woke up to spit and cigarette butts on the balcony floor.
Great program/staff here!
Didn't go to any shows, so I can't say of the entertainment was good or bad.
Some were great (room attendant, guys at the bar and cigar lounge). Others didn't even speak.
Food itself was not that bad, but almost swallowed a piece of plastic in my food. Same thing happened to my sister last year!

Be prepared to pay "service" fees or they won't let you off the ship.