Norwegian Free Style Cruising is TERRIBLE

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

7 Night Western Mediterranean (Barcelona Roundtrip)
Sail Date: October 25, 2015
Ship: Norwegian Epic
Cabin Type: Suite

Let me start by saying that overall my experiences at each Port was incredible.  The guides for the tours were very knowledgeable and made the Cruise experience tolerable.  Norwegians Free Style Dining means that unless you are willing to pay extra you only have 2-3 options for eating and only at select times.  Also the food is mediocre at best.  Also if you book the spa they automatically add a gratuity fee before you even have service.  My appointment started late and I did not get the full 50min I paid for. Don’t waste your money on this.  Also if you call for Room Service the on-hold message is “You will be DEALT with shortly”.  The crew was not knowledgably overall and very rude most of the time.  Also if you try to exchange US Dollars for Euros they first off turn your $400.00 US into $396.00 + charge a fee and the exchange is well below the current rate – best to either use your bank before or go to an exchange at any port city. Also we met several people that had even worse experiences than ours and were not happy either.  I will NEVER cruise with Norwegian again.

mediocre at best

Cirque show was very good.

rude

Steward was nice but had to request towels daily.

If you try to exchange US Dollars for Euros they first off turn your $400.00 US into $396.00 + charge a fee and the exchange is well below the current rate – best to either use your bank before or go to an exchange at any port city.