Norwegian Epic Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

Third Mate

Overall Very Happy Cruiser

Sail Date: July 08, 2015

Overall the Epic is a great ship.  I have been on a bunch of cruises before, this was my first with Norwegian.  While I did like the freestyle cruising concept, the one disadvantage I experienced was that each time we dined, we had a different server.  On previous cruises, we had one wait staff and they got to know us and that to me was a better experience.  I did hear one couple request a waiter so maybe on future cruises we can do the same.  The food was excellent.  Better than previous cruises.  I'm not sure if this is based on the region we cruised in or the cruise line.  The entertainment was good.  My only complaint is that on previous experiences we had a new act every night and on this cruise it was the same 4 acts over and over again.  Having said that, the quality of entertainment was better.  We had excellent tour guides and the excursions were fantastic.  Tough to beat a European vacation!

We had one waiter who surpassed the others. Nothing bad to report, just not as good as previous experinces
Entertainment quality was excellent, just would have liked more options that were included at no extra cost.
Standard activities like all cruises.
No idea why the toilet, sink and shower were all separated. That was a huge pain. Out TV was awful. All darker scenes I couldn't see on the TV.

1 Comment