Norwegian Epic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Beware of Norwegian business ethics and customer service

Sail Date: February 15, 2015

Room Type: Suite

This rating is pertaining to business ethics of Norwegian

Issue 1:  When I started booking our cruise in 2014 I told the cruiseline that we would be booking quite a few rooms as we had family and friends that were going to join the party. The cruise line rep stated that once we booked 8 cabins that the coordinator would receive a refund on his or her fair. Even though we booked 8 rooms I never received a refund for my cruise and the reason according to Norwegian was "Even though we see that all your parties bookings are together as a group, you were never setup as a group and given a group number"........... Please tell me that I am not the only one that doesn't understand that statement.

Issue 2:  While booking our cruise I purchased quite a few ultimate beverage packages for my direct family that went on this cruise (7 Adult beverage packages and 4 soda cards for nieces and nephew). When we all boarded the ship I noticed that my wifes and my cruise card did not have our ultimate beverage sticker on them so I proceed to the Haven Concierge to get the situation rectified (All my booking receipts in hand mind you, just in case). The concierge took a look at my receipts and affixed the beverage sticker to my wifes and my cruise card. When we were getting ready to settle up our bill I noticed a whole lot of drink charges and proceeded to the concierge to get the billing issue rectified only to be told that my wifes and my beverage package was canceled and refunded back to me before the cruise even started (unbeknownst to me).

I will have to say that the ship is beautiful, our Haven butler was quite attentive to us, the staff are friendly.

Neither of these issues would have happened on Carnival or Royal Caribbean. In our past cruise experiences issues similar to these on RC and Carnival, they were always taken care of quickly and respectfully. (Of course I could always back up my issues with receipts and documentation)

I might mention that my wife and I book at least 1 if not 2 cruises a year and always take groups of people with us (Cruising is easy to sell as a vacation to friends, and parties are always more fun with friends). Quite often we will book anywhere from 15 to 40 people on a cruise and have never had any issues with lines other than Norwegian on the business side of things.

If you are booking for large groups I might suggest carnival or Royal Caribbean as we have had outstanding customer service on the business side especially when they know you are booking larger groups of people.

(I might note that I have waited a good few months for Norwegian to rectify these issues and the only response I have received so far is in regards to the 2 ultimate beverage packages and they said that they were not going to do anything for us on that even though I never requested to cancel or have a refund issued which they have acknowledged. No response has been given to the fare refund for booking a large group of 8 rooms, 2 of which were "Haven" suites)

If you are with a large group and want to eat dinner together I suggest getting with the Hotel management and reserving large dinning table for the duration of the cruise at a specific time. Let your wait staff know that all the seat may not be filled and that someone one will let them know when th

1 Comment