It wasn't Disney (which I wasn't expecing), but not much better than Carnival (which I was)

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 08, 2015
Ship: Norwegian Epic

We've been on several cruises.  We have to young boys.  Last time on NCL was 15 years ago in Alaska.

Norwegian has the best food.  I will give them that.  Other than the watered down sauces, the food, especially the premium food is very good.

Blue Man Group, Nick, and  the Circus Shows were good.  Not Disney good, but good.

My main source of disappointed was the boat was very crowded, the staff was averagely attentive, and the ship wasn't kept as clean as it could be.  I would say NCL feel below Carnival on all accounts (and I'm comparing the larger, newer NCL Epic to the older smaller Carnival Legend; we have also sailed on the Disney Fantasy).  You pay a premium for NCL over Carnival, and other than the food being marginally better, it wasn't worth the upcharge.  It also felt that the boat was under staffed.  You also had a lot of the same people you find on Carnival (which, is really my only knock on Carnival) on NCL.  You don't find these people on Disney, or Disney has lesser folks and higher prices so they getting weeded out.

Don't count on the water slides, rock wall, and bungee being open on sea days.  Mostly, they were closed due to wind.  Nature, no, turn the tv on and you will see the ship is doing 20 knots on these days.  The weather was perfect, the boat speed created the wind.

Getting an elevator is near impossible.  Learned a trick the last day.  Hold the button down of the floor you are going to, and the elevators on the Epic bypass every floor on their way up or down.  Nice, now I know why we sat watching elevators pass up left and right lol.

Not selling Disney, although everyone with pre-teen kids should do at least one Disney Cruise.......but thinking we will try Royal Caribbean next.  I wouldn't go out of my way to get back on NCL, even if prices were equal, I think it would be a toss up between NCL and Carnival.

Other than watered down sauces, NCL has great food

Specialy stuff was cool

Blue Man Group, Nick and Circus were cool

Kids did't really want to go, bu ok, pretty much a big room

Aveage at best

somewhat neglected

somewhat cramped and small
bunk was useless if you planed on using closets and storage
New age bathroom set up was dumb

See my elevator tip in narrative