Nice Cruise

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

Sail Date: October 01, 2014
Ship: Norwegian Epic
This is a really nice ship. It's huge\, but we did not have any trouble getting on or off (aside from the last day ... there was quite a line). The ship has plenty to do. I liked the water slides\, but the pool seemed small for the size of the ship.

I love the freestyle dinning. I wore dress pants and a collared polo shirt to most dinners in the dining room. One night we ate in the causal dining room\, so I wore what I had worn on the cruise. Service in the main dining room was great\, but it was a little slow in the causal dinning room. There was plenty of food on the balcony (although it is really spread out at busy times ... you may have to search for what you want). We did not try the specialty restaurants.

The entertainment is great. The Blue Man group is creative. I did not give a top mark since I belive the setup for the Circ dinner is poor. Unless you in the balcony or front table you will miss some of the action due to waiters being the way or the fact that the stage is below the table level. I did not care much for the legends concert\, although the Prince guy was pretty accurate. The other things we saw were good as well ... Classical Graffiti\, Beatles tribute\, etc. We did not see Supreme so I can't comment on that one.

The staff was very friendly and our steward did a great job on the room.

The ship was extremly clean. There were a number of areas to hang out. I wish the Quiet Zone on the upper deck had been open longer (it went from 9-6).

The rooms are not large\, obvously\, but I've had smaller hotel rooms in Europe. The bed was really comfortable and I slept well. The room looks nice and it's easy to control the temp.

Pros: Freestyle Dining\, Entertainment\, Beds

Cons: Poor setup for Circ Dinner\, Chain smoker on balcony next door

Recommends Norwegian Epic? Yes!