Norwegian Epic Cruise Review to Europe - Eastern Mediterranean

Not so Epic

Sail Date: June 01, 2014

We recently sailed with Norwegian for the second time\, and given the fact that my first experience with them (on the Norwegian Gem) was very good\, I had very high expectations for the Epic. Unfortunately we were very dissapointed. All Norwegian did with the Epic was to add more rooms to be able to cramp more people into the ship. The size of the ammenities and the entertainment options remained basically the same\, thus resulting in everything always being very crowded. The entertainment options were limited and you basically had to pay extra (and a lot of $) for almost everything. Service on the dining rooms was not the best\, it was slow and the staff seemed to be really stessed out (I'm not blaming them\, they probably had too many tables to attend to) thus sometimes resulting in not a very friendly service. We did like the stops that the ship made\, and all the excursions\, which we booked through the ship\, were worth the money. Unfortunately our time on the ship was not as relaxing\, fun or memorable as we were hoping (and paid) for. For this reason I would not recommend this ship\, and after this experience this would probably be the last time I cruise with Norwegian.

Pros: The route and excursions

Cons: The ship

Recommends Norwegian Epic? No.