Norwegian Epic Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

The best birthday present ever!

Sail Date: May 01, 2014

This was our first cruise so I don't have anything to compare it to\, but I will say that I've been to Europe and the Mediterranean many times and this was the way to go. It allowed us to see so much more than we would had we not been on the ship. I see people complaining about the layout of the ship\, and the placement of the elevators\, and we thought they we perfectly placed. We were on deck 12 which was perfectly set between the 6th floor shops\, guest services\, and casino\, and the 15th which was where the food is located. Most of the time we used the stairs. The NCL EPIC is exactly that. It's EPIC! The largest ship in the port. I would definitely book another cruise on the EPIC.

Pros: The staff was very friendly. The comp food buffets were amazing. Our room was awesome! The excursions let us see more than we ever dreamed.

Cons: In my opinion I can't find anything negative about our trip.

Recommends Norwegian Epic? Yes!

The ship is amazing! The water slides were an extra bonus (not something u think would be on a cruise ship)
We considered ourselves spoiled with the variety and accessibility. Loved the free style as we aren't great with being on a strict schedule.
We had an inside room and really enjoyed it. We've been together 12 years so it wasn't a problem for us. Next time we will book a balcony room. If u are not a close knit family or couple\, get your own stateroom.
The staff was great\,and did little things to make our stay even more special. Staff members would remember us and treat us as if they were more than happy to see us again. We made connections with a couple of staff members that did extra things for us like set specially made deserts aside for us\, or give us advise on how to get the most out of our stay on the ship.
We enjoyed the Legends in concert. That was a great show. Also saw Blue man Group which was interesting\, but didn't really keep our attention.