Norwegian Epic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

The cruise was excellent

Sail Date: December 01, 2013

This was my second time on this ship & I am planning a third trip on this vessel from Spain the ship and all of it's modern options is outstanding. The only problem this vessel has is that it has too many guests for the \"extras\" provide. For example I went to the spa 2 hrs after boarding and was told they were booked because most seasoned cruisers booked services online. Also my parents book dinner & a show at the tent in advance.
When they attempted to add me later the theater said they were booked. So basically frequent cruisers will get everything they want\, but the novice will show up to discover all of cool shows and experiences have exceeded their capacity.

Pros: I enjoyed the new studio staterooms & social area

Cons: the ship's inability to accomadate all the guest with many services

Recommends Norwegian Epic? Yes!

One major drawback is that all elevators are at the bow or stern of the ship. If your cabin is in the middle of the ship there is no short commute anywhere on the ship.
Awesome but as I said earlier the ship cannot accommodate everyone. If you don't book the specialty shows\, restaurants or spa online in advance\, you'll be luck to get in on the fun. Also didn't like the fact that 18% gratuity has been added to everything you order now. That wasn't the case 2 yrs ago. That was always fine for the spa or my stateroom attendant\, but paying 18% for every soda I order is a bit extreme. So now I buy drinks when we pull in port for $1.75 instead of paying $4.95 on the ship.
T1 category studio staterooms are great. Lounge area always has coffee\, tea\, hot chocolate\, milk\, etc... There is an open bar for a couple hours daily & it's all nice an casual.