Norwegian Epic was anything but.

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 22, 2015
Ship: Norwegian Epic

From the moment we stepped into the pier for check in, until the time we stepped out upon return this trip was nothing but a disappointment as far as Norwegians involvement.

I was given untrue information at the Pier by NCL manager. When I spoke to the customer service manager on ship I was advised that the pier staff are contracted out and don't actually know what the rules on the ship are, and it continued in this fashion the whole way.

The ship itself is large and has activities planned and by activities I mean sales pitches the entire week. Everything is over priced for very little value.

It's not kept very clean, now that may be because they have over 4000 guests and not 200 staff so I can understand. The food is sub par and I actually lost 9 lbs on vacation. Breakfast and lunch is the same every day, and dinners are quite gross but there is variety if you could choke it down. The only good meal we had was at a premium restaurant for 30 USD a person.

The most infuriating thing of the cruise food and lies aside is the fact that the largest smoking area is on the kids deck 6 feet from the pools and activity floor.

As a first time cruiser I would have to say this experience almost ruined it for me. However I spoke to many many people who have cruised Norwegian before and was told by all that the Epic is not a true representation of Norwegian itself. That being said I would not cruise Norwegian again but I will try another cruise line.

Unless you pay extra for the fee based dining restaurants

If you enjoy sub par food, extra fees for anything worth while and less than cleanly this is the ship for you!