Norwegian Epic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

First time on Norwegian

Sail Date: January 01, 2013

This was my first time on a Norwegian ship. As a solo cruiser\, I was attracted by their new Studio Staterooms\, which don't have a \"single supplement\" cost. So price was a factor. The itinerary was nice too - a good mix of port and sea days.

Pros: friendly crew\, great service\, good food (mostly)\, Studio Staterooms\, clean and colorful ship\, nice itinerary\, great food in the specialty restaurants and buffet.

Cons: shower exposes to the stateroom (instead of in a separate room - weird!)\, noise (hard to find a quiet place to read)\, bland food in the main dining rooms\, chaotic disembarkation.

Pros: Friendly crew\, nice itinerary

Cons: Noise everywhere\, poor cabin design

Recommends Norwegian Epic? Yes!

Really enjoyed Blue Man Group and Second City. Didn't go to others\, but they looked like fun.
I had nothing but excellent encounters with the ship staff. On the second evening the main light switch in the room stopped working (you have to put your cruise card in for the lights to operate). My cabin attendant has an electrician there in a matter of a few minutes\, with many apologies for the inconvenience. All wait staff in the eateries were excellent.
Studio stateroom was about what I expected for the price. Strange to have the shower exposed to the rest of the room\, but if you're alone it doesn't matter.
Very good in the specialty restaurants and buffet. So-so in the main dining rooms.
Clean\, colorful\, but with some strange layout features