Great 1st time Norwegian experience

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 08, 2015
Ship: Norwegian Epic

I've read as many reviews from those on the Epic ship as I could leading up to my booking.  After reading some good and some bad, I had to make up my own mind to cruise.  The price was perfect.  As we began our trip, I was very amazed by the ship's appearance and how huge this sucker was.  People complained about the food, lack of deck space, etc.  I went on a 7-day Caribbean cruise to Jamaica and had a blast!!  I still feel like I'm rocking to the waves.  I didn't enjoy Cayman or Cozumel that much; expensive.

We mostly ate in the Garden Café where I found the food to be very excellent as well as the upkeep by the staff.  I really enjoyed the table set-up by the window and just enjoyed the meals looking out into the ocean.  That's what it's all about; relaxing and taking it all in.

We also ate in O'Sheehan's for lunch only but it was just ok.  Shanghai was great!

The entertainment was excellent!  We watched Blue Man and Legends...people complained about the lack of entertainment.  Geez, what do you want?  The whole broadway?  Movies at the back of the ship Spice H2O was nice and relaxing as we watched Cool Runnings..about the Jamaica bobsled.  I enjoyed how there were different activities going on the ship.  And people complained about the kids/teens...Really?  It was cool seeing them having fun as well.  How selfish of people trying to keep others from having a time of their lives.  They weren't a bother.  People also complained how huge the ship was...damn I liked every bit of it...man what an exercise.

I won $500 in casino slots..so I have no complaints there.

Overall, it was sad to step off the ship on the last day this past Sunday, 2/15/15 and go home.  First time on Norwegian, but not the last.  There is a new ship coming in Nov. 2015 "Escape".  It's going to the Virgin Islands/Bahamas and we are thinking about going on that one to see what a new ship feels like...and it's a Norwegian.

Thank you Norwegian for a wonderful time!!  I will continue to sail with you as long as you continue to make us happy!  Washy-washy..smiley-smiley.  Until then, Aloha!

Garden Cafe buffet; excellent!

Movies, karaoke, bingo, casino, Deal or No Deal game was cool to watch.

Blue Man and Legends were great entertainment.

Always great service provided.

Very nice and upkept.

Nothing to complain about. Better than expected!
Nine-mile tour to Bob Marley's home was excellent! We enjoyed learning more of the history behind his life. Did some shopping but expensive. Lunch: chicken jerk and rice was good.
Not worth $60 for a 15 minute tour to the Turtle Farm. Tour guide/driver rushed the trip. Go on this tour by yourself and save some $$.
Shopping was cheap. Nothing else to see.