Norwegian Epic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

New to cruisin'

Sail Date: January 25, 2015

So I popped my cruise cherry with the Norwegian Epic. I also did it solo, my first solo-travelling experience. I was apprehensive about going alone in the beginning but had a ridiculously good time all the same.

The ship was more than I expected:
-very clean
-99% staff friendly and helpful
-food was above average, excellent sometimes
-plenty for a solo-traveler to do

My only qualm with the ship was the main entertainment shows.. but it's more of a personal thing than a problem with the cruise.
I'm not a big fan of Blue Man Group or Cirque du Soleil shows and they both happened to be the main attraction shows. The other shows were pretty interesting however.

Miami, Florida
cab ride from airport to port should be around $24 one way.
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Scuba certification took up the whole day so didn't have a chance to explore
George Town, Grand Cayman
Scuba diving; shopping (great selection and prices on time pieces)
Scuba diving

If you're looking to have some alcohol during the cruise, definitely look into one of the beverage packages.

1 Comment