Cruise on the Epic

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 11, 2015
Ship: Norwegian Epic

My girlfriend and I took this cruise.  It was her first one.  The ship was large and there were over 4,000 passengers.  I felt like this cruise was more geared to the masses because of all the people.  They only had 2 shows in the main theater for the 7 night cruise but they had many other options.  They also had the formal dining room and another restaurant that served the same thing in a slightly more relaxed atmosphere.  They said no jeans or t-shirts, etc. in the main dining room but they didn't turn anyone away.  They seated fast and the service was ok.  The buffet was awesome.  Best I have ever experienced and I have been on almost every cruise line.  The biggest complaint I have is that the ship was very large and segmented.  You can't walk from the front of the ship to the back on many decks including the pool and upper decks and some inside decks without going up or down the stairs/elevator or going inside.  The shops onboard didn't have anything from the ports that we visited.  Only Puma and a few other name brand clothing.  The staff were okay but it wasn't the same experience as with a slightly smaller ship.

Lots of choices.

No door on our bathroom. Just a curtain separated the room from the bathroom. When you walked in the door the shower was on one side and the toilet on the other and a curtain to the room...

If you forget a gift onshore, don't expect to find it in their shop onboard. They don't have anything from the ports.

Very commercialized. All the cab drivers said "I will stay with you" and they didn't. Make sure you're specific if you take a cab.
Went to the resort and spent the day. Very nice, all inclusive.