Good News, Bad News

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 11, 2015
Ship: Norwegian Epic

I was quite glum upon seeing our room for the first time. We had requested a balcony, and yes, we got a balcony, but not one where you could sit out on the balcony and watch the sea, but and enclosed one where we had to walk up to the edge to see the water, and who wants to stand and meditate. Upon complaining long and hard enough, I was sent six chocolate-covered strawberries and a bottle of wine from their customer relations as if that made up for everything.

This is our 3rd cruise on the Norwegian, and the first that we did not like entirely.

The food was good, sometimes great, and there was always plenty of it. However, in some bars and restaurants we had to pay extra for desserts. The waiters for the most part were courteous, but not really friendly, with the exception of the employee who kept our stateroom clean. He was awesome!

All in all, it was a good vacation, but we're thinking at this time that  when we plan a cruise again, it will not be with Norwegian.

The person who did our cabing was awesome. Others just okay.

I was disappointed because I didn't get the type of balcony, I had expected.

My advice is to get a room near the middle of the ship since it's a really long way from front to back. And make sure you're clear on the type of room you expect.

We went to a former sugar plantation where we cooked our own jerk chicken.
Town is clean as a whistle. The beach was beautiful.
We mistimed our group outing, so used the time to go souvenir shopping.