Norwegian Epic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

First time cruising - Solo traveler

Sail Date: January 11, 2015

Wow. This was an experience I'll never forget, and unfortunately, will measure all other future cruises to.  As a solo traveler, I took advantage of the single rooms aboard the Epic.  It is perfectly laid out with some really nice finishes.  Aside from that, the exclusive lounge for solo travelers is an amazing perk.  Aside from having tv's, coffee bar and drink bar inside, it was the center for meeting up with others traveling like me.  There is a solo cruise director who encourages and facilitates group interaction and activities.  This was like going to a party and then the after party was going to dinner together,  We quickly formed friendships and started bonding at lightning speed. The true testament is really disembarking the last day, when we all went separate ways and back to our homes, we all started facebooking each other immediately sharing pictures, messages and just softening the blow of cruise withdrawal. The NCL Epic and staff really know how to organize and facilitate an amazing experience.

Even the buffet was great
Jovan (singles cruise director), Atrium Bar staff, Whiskey Bar staff
didnt go to many shows, although I heard Cirque and Blue Man were great
Children's Programs Didn't experience this
Pools, Games, Bars, Clubs
These ports (Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, Cozumel) were not high on my list but were cool to visit once
Miami, Florida
Embark. Lots of things in Miami
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Not much of a port and really need excursions to see this country
George Town, Grand Cayman
Easy to walk around
Cozumel port is not only very touristy, but there is someone looking to take your money almost every 10 ft including the bathrooms. I paid a taxi to take me to the other side of the island (beach) and it was well worth it!

Deck 18 has a really cool private sun area with couches and sunbeds.