Norwegian Epic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Western Carribean cruise

Sail Date: March 30, 2014

Cruise was very relaxing. Food in the garden cafe offered wonderful choices and the ice cream was a great treat.  The entertainment was fantastic.. We truely enjoyed our nightly dinners in the manhattan room the food and service excellent. A few suggestions: We totally enjoy Norwegian martini tastings; however, I would suggest to the bar staff  on large ships to advertise tastings at two different bars at the same time and limit the number to bar and small seating area around bar. This would give guests an opportunity to form ship friendships with fellow martini tasters and enjoy the presentations by the bar staff. In the past on smaller ships the tastings gave us this opportunity and we looked forward to meeting those guests and our friendly servers at other times throughout the cruise. The tasting this time was overcrowded, about 80 people, difficult to hear the presenter and enjoy the experience.

We were not able to dock at Costa Maya due to the high winds and the size of our ship.  We missed our reservations at Maya Chan beach but we were reimbursed our reservation cost and we appreciated our Captain putting the safety of his passengers ahead of sticking to an itinerary. Boarding the ship was a breeze however departure was very strung out but orderly. This is the second time we docked in Jamacia and for me it will be the last. I would perfer a beach day at a clean beach rather then any tours provided by ship or outside vendor. I do not want to go to a vacation site and see used condoms  and trash of all sorts laying everywhere. It was disgusting.

We are frequent cruisers and most always book with Norwegian. We love the frestyle cruising where each night guests have the opportunity to enjoy all sorts of activities crom leisure pub drinking to formal dining and dancing. Norwegian does it right ONe more suggestion I like to party like a Norwegian and I'd love to play bingo but the prices over the years have caused me to delete that activity. You may get more players and make more profit if you lower the price of the cards. If you don't my husband will continue to have a smile when I walk past the bingo session and tell him it is too pricey and we will spend that time sitting at the pool.

Gave up on beef in the main dining room.
layout on Epic not the best,
watching kids on ship they seemed to have a good time
Miami, Florida
Disembarcation and transfers are horrible process.
Ocho Rios, Jamaica