Norwegian Epic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Did not live up to expectations

Sail Date: November 01, 2013

Overall I was not impressed with the state rooms, the activities and schedule of activities, the quality of food. The Garden Cafe was the main dining area for complementary food. On the first day it appeared to be the only dining open and was extremely overcrowded. People were lining up to go through all the food stations, instead of segregating lines for each station. Why should I wait in a line of 100 people to get to one station.

Unless you drink or gamble there are not a lot of activities for adults. The improv show was terrible, the bingo was expensive (39$ for 3 games). I enjoyed the Blue man group show (included) and Circ de Sole (added cost). My wife and I enjoyed the spa (129$/person). Honestly without the spa and the gym (and my books) i would have been completely bored out of my skull.

Pros: Kids Programs, Spa (at added cost), Gym.

Cons: Lack of activities. Cost of activities. Smoke in Casino.

Recommends Norwegian Epic? No.

Ship was clean, the staff was nice and friendly, but rooms, and organization of activities and locations of services with not well laid out. I gained no weight on the cruise because of all the walking up and downstairs, and the number of times I walked the length of the ship.
Disorganized. Sub par food. This was my experience and I heard that from many of the guests that cruise a lot more than I. Had to wait a long time for service at the Irish restaurant for breakfast service (and the place was nearly empty and they had 3 wait staff on hand).
Looked nice, beds were comfortable, but the curved shape rooms make it difficult to negotiate. Balcony was a nice to have.
Staff was extremely friendly and always
If you are depending on complementary activities you will bored out of your mind. The paid ones were not worth the money.
Staff was helpful and friendly. My son enjoyed the time in the kids room and the activities they would do. The sign in/out process could have been better organized. It took 15-20 minutes sometimes to get in and out.