Norwegian Epic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Let down on expectations

Sail Date: February 23, 2014

NervousWe had a group of 15.   We had a good time however can't help feeling let down on my expectations of the ship.   Ship is large and beautiful however I felt disappointed the pool area had a lot of wasted space.   If hanging by pool, band always had back to you.  Only two small sections to get in pool itself.  The pool deck part had squirting fountains and sprays.  Inside the pool deck was large but could have used water in it so others could sit in the water instead of edge of the pool and pool swimming sections could have been larger.  Wasted space!   Rooms are smaller than expected.  We had a balcony which had plenty of room but inside it Was difficult getting by another person sharing the room.  I couldn't imagine having 3 or 4 people in same room.   Bathroom shower design was terrible.  No private area.  Only separation was a glass frosted door that closed when you walked into the toilet or the separate shower.   Lacked privacy, not to mention hearing every sound of your roommate using toilet!   No separate enclosed bathroom.  The couple of shows were ok.  Blue man group was great.  Legend was ok.   Saving grace was Steven Tylor!   He was amazing.   Katy perry???   Why was she a legend??   She was terrible!!    There wasn't any "adult" pool games just the nickelodeon games with kids.   Many of the areas on the ship were very small and hard to get into for ex. The bliss dance loung,  dueling pianos, shows, etc.

I didn't like that you needed to get a reservation to go to the shows.   Sometimes they were sold out so you couldn't go to the show.    They didn't have the typical ship singers and dancers and the large theatre to.see the shows.    The food was just ok.   Specialty dining food was very good but I hate the nickel and dimming to do anything on board.   Bowling you had to pay $5/pp per game,  the ice bar was $20/pp.

dont get me wrong,  there were some highlights if the ship.   The water slides were great.   We had an amazing pool bar server, Jonathan and a bartender Jon that were great to us all week.

Would i be in a hurry to go back on the Epic.   No I don't believe any of the 15 of us would.   Since the epic is one of the 3 newest ships, I'm very hesitant to try the breakaway or getaway.    Many of us have cruised for many years.   We've been on NCL in the past and we were ver disappointed in this ship for one if the newest.

Poor design
Food was ok. Specialty restaurants were goid
Who thought of the bathroom design? Terrible!
Most pool servers were not friendly, we're easily confused. Jon and Jonathan were awesome
Didn't like you needed reservations to shows or had to pay for some.
Children's Programs didn't use
Hate that you had to pay to bowl. No adult pool games just nickelodeon games