Norwegian Epic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Comments on our Western Caribean cruise

Sail Date: February 16, 2014

Cabin: GTY

Overall, the cruise was very good.  Our bed in our stateroom was not good but I put up with it, and didn't mentioned it to the cabin steward until five days into the cruise. The bed felt like a Sofa Bed. I could feel the metal springs on my lower back.  Check stateroom 8205, so the next occupants don't have the same problem.  That was my fault for letting it go for so long.

The shows were good but I wouldn't rate them as excellent.  I enjoyed more The Crew Staff show.  Those young people tried very hard to please us and it showed.  There were not enough shows as part of the fees paid. You would have to pay for other shows and restaurant dining.  There shouldn't be those extra shows and dining as separate fees.  I guess that was set up for the higher income folks. I couldn't compete with the Joneses.

The ship was great, and the staff was also great. Wherever we went, the crew was courteous and very helpful.  They made the difference.

The only complaint I have is with the people going to the pool area very early in the morning, placing their towels in the linge chairs and not be in the pool area for most of the day, and other folks like us (seniors) only were able to enjoy the aft (rear) pool for an hour once.  We could have played the game since we were awake before six in the morning,but didn't, in consideration of families with kids..

I took the excursion /tours survey but it didn't have the opportunity to make comments about Ocho Rios and Costa Maya.

Ocho Rios only have the Garden which was very nice and worth going, the rest of the tour was just a ride around a very poor town.

The Costa Maya stop did not offer anything for seniors, just geared towards the younger crowd, therefore, we just walked aroung the stores which we were very pricey. Conzumel was very reasonable and did most of my shopping.  I also shopped at the ship's stores.

At Conzumel, we took the Passion Island tour which we enjoyed, but we did not have the chance to shop much on our return.

I would still go on another cruise with Norwegian lines, but I wouldn't recommend this cruise to the Western Caribean.

I wouldn't recommend this cruise to Ocho Rios and Costa Maya. Not worth the time or money