Norwegian Epic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

NCL Epic ninth of February 2014 seven days.

Sail Date: February 09, 2014

Boarding the cruise ship was an easy experience in the cabin for disabled person was excellent except for one thing, this sink for washing was so small and the arm of the Fossett over it was so long that one could not get more than 2 inches of water in the sink and found it strange experience to try to shave.

The main dining room was very good, and the standard of food was quite high. But the service was extremely slow as the waiters had too many tables just deal with. I spent an hour and a half for my starter and main course, and after half an hour's wait I gave up waiting for ice cream and tea.

There was no problem with the buffet, the array of food was excellent and the staff were very helpful. But as the above 4000 people on board it was difficult to find a table, especially as I was disabled, and people did not respect to disability sections.

The entertainment was a disappointment in the main theater, and there were only three shows repeated. The other two venues you had to pay for, which I never experienced before I've cruised over 44 cruises.

Getting lost at ports was very well-managed and there was no problem at all and disembarkation was also very good and I cannot fault. I have traveled on the NCL line many times and I'm a gold member and this is the first time that the attitude of those in charge has made me reconsider ever traveling with this line again.

I have booked another cruise for 14 days this year and in January 2015 I have booked a world cruise with Cunard. I hope that they are not doing the same cost-cutting measures.