Norwegian Epic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Purser

Hurry-up and wait to be disappointed.

Sail Date: December 14, 2013

Traveled As: Family w/young children

First the good points:  Our cabin Steward, Dennis, was amazing.  On the first day he learned and remembered the names of EVERYONE in my family and group.  He went the extra mile and hid the "Elf on a Shelf" for me when he turned down the room if I forgot.  The service at the O'Sheehans resturant and our waiter, Warren, at Tapenyaki (also our omlet maker at the Garden Buffet in the mornings,) was hilarious and actually listens to us.  Now, the rest of the cruise...

The dining rooms are a joke.  Service and food are equally terrible.  No one working there knows what is going on and everything becomes a total cluster *blank*.

You need to arrive at least 45 minutes early to ANYTHING worth doing or seeing on the ship.  That is NOT a joke.  There is so little planned events that everyone goes to the same thing at the same time.

Hand sanitation is a big deal there, but pool sanitation is a different story.  The only water movement in the kids pools comes from the fountains that were broken for two days, leaving the same nasty, stagnant, petree dishes for my children to swim and get sick in.

On three nights, you could not get food after 12 (midnight) anywhere on the ship because the buffet (that is smaller than a stateroom) was closed for undisclosed reasons.  You could get pizza for $5, but I hope you want it for breakfast because it won't arrive until after you pour your morning coffee, if ever.

Other than the two people mentioned above, I would have to assume that all the personell got their customer service training from the young girl who mans the cash register at my local Walmart.

The excursions were poorly planned and you spent at least 1 hour waiting for transportation.  Luckily, the tour guides don't work for NCL, so they were kind and understood why we were all upset.

We took our boys, aged 7 (turned 8 on the ship) and 9 because it was sold as a "Nickelodeon Cruise".  That is a joke.  There are four people from Nick who do the same 30 minute show three times during the week and a character breakfast for an additional charge.  Don't believe anyone who would tell you they do this or that, because it is all a lie.

If you go on this ship and have these complaints, please tell Guest Services.  Not only will you laugh at the clueless expressions on their faces, but you get chocolate strawberrys.  Don't expect anything else.

Overall, I was very dissapointed in this cruise.  If this was my first cruise and my expectations weren't where every other experience put them, and if it had not been sold as something other than what is was, this review might sound different.  Bottom line, don't expect anything but waits and lines and you won't be dissapointed.  Still beats staying with the inlaws again....

Again, be 45 minutes AT LEAST early to anything you want to do-- and be prepared to take the stairs, or you need to leave over an hour ahead to wait for an elevator.