Norwegian Epic Eastern Cruise

Contributor Level: Third Mate

invalid-33450
Sail Date: November 02, 2013
Cabin Type: Suite

The Epic ship was huge and beautiful . My husband got ourselves lost alot, finding our dining restuarants. I had cruise on Carnival many of times and always had a great time, til last year.  The food was so disappointing, and the menu had very small selections.  My husband and I had thought we would give Norwegien a try to impress us.  The service on the ship out weighs the beauty of the Epic ship.  The service was terrible, we traveled Nov. 2 - 9 on the Eastern Carribean Cruise. The service in the specality restuarants was nothing even of coffee shop dinner!  The food was great in the specailay dining. The French was excellent, Italian was great, Brazilian was very good, Chinese was good and the steak house was good but not worth the $30 a person. The buffet for dinner was terrible, would not recommend, breakfast was good.  Breakfast buffet have to eat the omlet or eggs benedict to order. The bar service on the ship was terrible!! One of the busiest bars on the ship located on the same floor as the huge casino and should always be fun and staffed, was stationed with one of the worst and unattenitive bartenders I have ever seen on a cruise.  At one time I arrived to find 12 people all waiting for service, I waited patiently for 20 minutes.  The bartender arrived and gave one drink out and left the bar unttended again.  As for the ports and excursions we enjoyed Saint Maarten, we did the 12 meter sail boat race.  A great experience and the staff was fun and exciting.  Saint Thomas we golfed at Mohoganny Run, it was a beautiful course on the ocean with the waves crashing in and gorgeous views.  The Bahamas was the usuall over priced and over rated stop.  We enjoyed a afternoon at the local Conch Bar/ Rest.